Tuesday 17 April 2012

Believe In The Power Of Words

An ensemble cast lead by Washington that includes Academy Award winner Forest Whitaker,
comes THE GREAT DEBATERS

“ Who is the judge? Judge is God. Why is he God? Because he decided who win or loses not my opponent.  Who is your opponent? He doesn’t exist. Why he doesn’t exist? Because he is a mere a dissenting voice to the truth I speak.”

That is one of sayings in movie The Great Debaters which really make me speechless and impresses with the inspirational and the teamwork in the debate group. This inspired true story is from chronicles journeys of Professor Melvin Tolson which is brilliant debate coach who uses the power of words to shape the group of underdog students which from a African American small college in rural state named Wiley College. 

The first time I’m watching this movie I feel like what I had through in my life is just very small part of real life. This out of the ordinary movie had grab my attention because of the spirit and the teamwork apply in the debate group is so incredible. Every each part in this movie courage my valiant and thinking openly style. Plus, in this movie it showed how to communicate very well in public and grab their attention with your first word came out from your mouth. This is such an amazing.

For me as I am communication major, this movie both more or less had courage me and exposed me with how to use the ordinary words but at the end being such pretentious power of words that can make the audience think at the moment. To be excellent in group, teamwork is very essential. I can see that how they work and cooperation between the members of the group that make them succeeds to the last level of their debate.

Last but not least, the way they face all the challenges to achieve the highest level stunned me. The coach and the members be so strong physical and mentally all the way just to reach their goal till the final. This is how we should work to finish what we had started. I won’t ever escape the chance to watch this movie again in future to inspire me more. J



No comments:

Post a Comment